Our mission is simple – we save lives every day! The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi (DFM) is the state’s premier nonprofit health organization working to prevent diabetes and associated complications, as well as work to improve the lives of every child, every adult, and every family touched by type 1 or type 2 diabetes. We accomplish this through education, support, advocacy, medical assistance and research.
The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi
- Provides diabetes education and awareness programs for educational facilities, churches, daycares and community and senior centers
- Distributes life-saving diabetes supplies to needy Mississippians
- Educates and empowers children with diabetes and their families at Camp Kandu
- Visits newly diagnosed children in the hospital and provides a backpack including diabetes supplies, nutritional guides and educational information
- Conducts health screenings and health fairs throughout the Magnolia State
- Hosts an annual diabetes super conference to educates and provide support to those living with and those caring for individuals with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Funded research at the University of Mississippi Medical Center
4 Star Charity
The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi is proud to be ranked as a Four Star Charity, by Charity Navigator, for the last 5 out of 6 years! Charity Navigator is America’s premier charity evaluator. As said by Ken Berger, President and Chief Executive Officer of Charity Navigator, “Charity Navigator highlights the fine work of efficient, ethical, and open charities. Our goal in all of this is to provide donors with essential information needed to give them greater confidence in charitable choices they make.”
The Diabetes Foundation has received so many great reviews on the GreatNonprofits site that we are considered a Top Rated Nonprofit. Read some of them here!